This year, Knit in Public Week starts June 8th and knits through June 16th. We're encouraging knitters everywhere to spread the word via social media, blogs, and word-of-mouth. Since this kicks off this Saturday, now is a great time for spreading the word and helping your friends and fellow knitters prepare for Knit in Public Week!
Below are some pointers and cool resources you can use to prepare:
Organize a Knit In Public Meetup
• This is a Meetup page where people can create, join or organize a Meetup in their area to participate in KIPW. Pick a local park, coffee shop, library, or any other space open to the public, invite your knitting friends, grab your knitting needles, yarn, and go!
• You can schedule your Meetup for any day between June 8th-16th.
• Be sure to take photos to share on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #KIPW, or post photos to the Knitting Club on Facebook: www.facebook.com/knittingclub.
• Need some extra motivation to organize a #KIPW Meetup in your home town? Craftsy will be sending care packages to 10 Meetups, including free yarn, t-shirts, and other Craftsy swag!
• Participate in the largest knitter-run event in the world and organize a #KIPW Meetup in your town, or find one nearby you can join.
Knit In Public Week iPhone Patterns App from Craftsy
• Take your knitting pattern with you on the go!
• iPhone/iPad users can download the Knitting and Crochet Patterns app to save paper and access patterns on their devices
• Those without a mobile device can print it off from their computer
Enjoy and Happy Knitting!