For even more fun, here are some more designs from KnitHeaven.
Lastly, I found that doilies were also used to cover cheese. Here is a pattern for a filet design from 1861 with instructions on serving cheeses from Mrs. Beeton 1861!
Craftsy is proud to announce a new category - Fine Art! Let their world-class art instructors teach you professional techniques to elevate your art, regardless of your skill level or preferred media. From landscape drawing to portraiture, watercolors to acrylics, these classes allow you to learn on your own time, at your convenience from talented instructors. Check out the new art classes from Craftsy:
- Craftsy Perspective in Landscape Drawing (Patrick Connors)
- Craftsy Acrylic Landscape Painting (Bennett Vadnais)
- Craftsy Portraits in Watercolor (Matt Rota)
- Craftsy Narrative Portraiture: Painting in Acrylic (Micah Ganske)
- Craftsy Drawn to Painting (Rob Zeller)
- Craftsy Master Palettes: Exploring Color Mixing (Scott Gellatly)